Welcome to Hartwig Care
Hartwig Care was founded in 1999 by Nadja Shaw. Originally from Sweden, she was inspired by her mother, who worked for many years as a physiotherapist. Her patients suffered from chronic conditions that really limited their lives and her help transformed how they lived.
Nadja trained and worked as a nurse and quickly realised that many of the people she was helping would have been happier receiving care in their own homes. That is the driving force behind Hartwig Care; we want to enable people live their lives to the fullest.
In June 2016 Hartwig Care was acquired by Clece Care Services, who share the same values we do enabling us to continue to provide tailored care services.
Since opening our doors we’ve built up the knowledge and experience needed to understand our clients’ needs, seeing things from their point of view. This insight has built an excellent reputation over the years.
It’s been over a decade, but at Hartwig Care some things will never change; our commitment to our clients’, our passion for helping people and our willingness to learn from them.
Philosophy of Care
You, our Client, are at the centre of everything we do. Since the founding of Hartwig Care Ltd in 1999, every decision and change we have made has had to answer the question: will this make things better for our Clients?
Our mission is to support you in every way we can and give you the control you need to have a better quality of life. There is no such thing as “one-size-fits-all” and we know the importance of talking to you about what you want and need from us, what your expectations of our care are, and how your requirements may change over time
Nothing is more important than guarding your personal independence and dignity. We will never compromise our care and leave you unsure of our priorities, and you will always enjoy comfort and security when our highly trained and experienced care workers visit you in your home. And you can be sure that we always mean what we say: honesty and integrity are fundamental to the way we work. What’s more, you can rest assured that we will always be available for you.
Everybody who works for Hartwig Care is required to sign our Philosophy of Care Statement. We believe:
- That everybody working for Hartwig Care aims to provide the highest quality care possible
- That it is a pre-requisite for anyone involved with us is that they genuinely care about others
- That Clients have a right to privacy, independence, security, self-expression, personal aspirations and freedom of choice
- In care in the community. Anyone in need who chooses to remain living in their own home should be given assistance to do so securely and as comfortable as possible.
- That the dignity and value of every Client must be recognised and respected at all times.
- That problems provide an invaluable learning experience from which we can derive great benefit for the future.
- That teamwork is likely to achieve greater results than individuals.